Friday, May 30, 2008

Bon Jovi, you're a genius!

I've been living on Mount Tamborine for the last few months. For those of you unfamiliar with the place, think 'Garden of Eden' meets a tomb-less cemetery. That's to say, it's peaceful. Excruciatingly peaceful. Don't get me wrong (or get me wrong, what are you gonna do about it?), it's a wonderful, beautiful place. But if God had a library for deaf mute pensioners, this place is even quieter!

This complete lack of disturbance has unveiled an unwanted ability of mine. The ability to sleep. I sleep so much I feel like it's closer to staggered hibernation. Bon Jovi echoes my thoughts, well I guess I probably echo his when I think, "I've gotta live a lot of life, I can sleep when I'm dead". Teased hair AND a philosopher. A combination that shouldn't go together, like pork flavoured ice cream. But you'll try it. You'll try it.

So this gave rise to ponderings on what the world would be like if the body actually didn't need sleep. First of all, that ginger bearded actor who appears in those Captain Snooze advertisements would most likely be unemployed. Would there be such a thing as a prime time tv slot? The very idea of 9-5 could quite possibly be up heaved. Decorative throw pillows that serve absolutely no purpose at all other than to decorate (arguably) beds would finally be in their deserved place in non-existence.

How could one possibly make crucial decisions such as buying a sports car if one can't 'sleep on it'. Hangovers would be unbearable as you'd have to sweat it out wide awake. The alarm clock character in Disney's animated motion picture, Beauty and the Beast, would be utterly ridiculous and confusing. Bon Jovi would have one less hit song.

I don't want to go on. A sleepless world is no world I'd want to be a part of.

1 comment:

  1. cheers man! I'm still inexplicably angered by that animated alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete