Monday, April 20, 2009

old school...

No, not old "skool" you pale lame gangsta wannabe. You're not ghetto, you're not streets and your low slung baggy pants will only slow your escape as I chase you down and beat you like the slave to misguided trends that you are.

Settle down Shane. As if you would beat up a gangsta wannabe. You'd just blog about it.

I'm talking old school because, while at my course this evening, I realised why it's so easy for me to learn now compared to when I was in school.

This year, I've been learning a little about xhtml, css, media manipulation and other webdesign related topics. I'll tell you what I have NOT had to learn:
  • How to sit up straight.
  • How to not walk pigeon toed and knock kneed.
  • How to talk and interact with a girl.
  • How to get out of triple dunce in school yard handball.
  • How to conceal my crush on Melody Baker.
  • How to prevent my ass getting handed to me by the grade twelves.
  • How to avoid a raging and uncontrollable erection during speech and drama class.
Being free from all these lessons that weren't in text books has given me unparalleled focus. I honestly feel like I'm copying and pasting the lessons straight into my brain and I can 'ctrl f' it whenever I want.

Sweet.

(Melody Baker - I just realised your name, taken literally, implies you bake melodies! I'm a musician too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment